Saturday, December 31, 2011

An inspiration

A few months ago, I started noticing Sweetheart jogging around the neighborhood while I was driving my girls to/from school. I haven't seen much of Sweetheart since her daughter and my Bumblebee graduated from 8th grade together.

I saw her in the grocery store this week and it was nice to catch up with her after a long time.
--Sweetheart, you look fantastic. What's your secret?
--I lost 90 pounds.
--Wow! Amazing! Wait, you didn't have 90 pounds to lose.
--You never saw me naked.

OK then.

Of course, maybe she got much bigger since I'd last seen her and before she lost the 90 pounds. I hadn't seen her really for 3 years at least, and she went through a divorce during that time.

Still, good for her.

Well, I have seen *me* naked, and it's not pretty. I'm carrying around 55 extra pounds. It's scary because the big 200 is getting closer and closer on the scales. I'm not there yet, but I also thought that at 150, and 160, and 170.

I've been doing Yoga twice a week for a while. But I haven't been consistent. I'm not going to lose 55 pounds just by doing Yoga. I've got to start sweating. Serious sweating. And I've got to figure out the how and why of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment