Friday, September 9, 2011

Yesterday was a good day

(which was surprising considering that Princess Imagination vomited overnight.)

Yesterday morning the Pink Ballerina was talking to me while getting dressed.
Ballerina: Mom, you know how you’re always driving my friends home from school, even when I don’t ask you ahead of time?
Me: Yes... (wondering where this was going)
Ballerina: well, I think that’s a good thing.

OK, then.

Yesterday evening, as Gadget Guy was walking in from a long day, Pink Ballerina greets him with a big smile and says “Mommy made Crockpot Chicken Chili for dinner.”

That’s so wonderful on so many levels!


Crockpot Chicken Chili
Put 1 lb boneless chicken breasts (or thighs) in crockpot
Pour over 1 jar (about 24 or 28 oz) of your favorite tomato sauce
Add 1 can corn
Add 1 can red beans and/or 1 can black beans (I add both)
Cover and cook on low setting 2 to 4 hours

My secret ingredient: when chicken is tender, add 1 can refried beans to thicken chili.

Enjoy,
The Mominator

No comments:

Post a Comment