Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Not a very good Mother's Day

My knee started getting sore Sunday, Mother's Day, after lunch, and continued getting stiff and sore throughout the afternoon. I took puppy for a slow walk, thinking maybe that would help ease the joint. I lasted 30 minutes at a very slow pace, so slow that my pedometer didn't register the middle 10 minutes!

By evening, I couldn't bear any weight on my left leg, and some movements had me gasping in pain. I took some Tylenol for the pain. I barely made it up the stairs at night.

I saw my PCP this morning. He was able to move the joint in its full range of motion (but I was in tears from the pain), and declared that all the parts seem to be in their proper place and working. He believes there is inflammation in the knee, although why is a mystery.

He has me on an anti-inflammatory and rest for 10 days. If that cures it, wonderful. If the pain comes back, we will begin "the cascade of radiological testing." (Insurance companies will insist on starting with an X-ray, although the X-ray will not show us what we need to know.)

I was enjoying my walks with puppy, and the weather was just getting nice. I was 12 for 12, exercising every day so far in May and I was even dropping a few pounds again. Phooey to be sidelined.

No comments:

Post a Comment